Prognos is looking for Summer Interns. Are you excited about contributing to the success and growth of a Healthcare company alongside seasoned entrepreneurs? Interested in learning how driving decisions earlier in healthcare can help to eradicate disease? If so, apply for one our internships below. These are paid positions.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
We are seeking an intern to work with our Product team. This role works closely with other functional leaders and stakeholders in the company, including those in Finance, Business Development, Marketing, IT, and Client Delivery, to help ensure that all products demonstrate value to our partners. at the end of this internship, you will be experienced in many aspects of healthcare entrepreneurship, and ready for greater responsibilities or another professional role. This is a paid position.
- Create stories from requirements provided and share with to execute (familiarity with Agile development methodologies a plus)
- Learn the tools that help the team workflow: Google apps, Trello, Slack, Aha!
- Assist the team in creating best-in-class wireframes for products
- Coordinate and perform QA to ensure thorough testing of all products
- Work with data from focus groups, usability studies, and qualitative research to spec and deliver enhancements to the products
- Keep feature backlog up-to-date
- Assess the needs of partners and work with Operations, Business Development, Product Development, IT, Marketing, and others to tailor our products and services to meet those needs
- Keep stakeholders up-to-date on where the product stands in relation to that vision
- Work with Business/ Market Owners to identify and quantify new product ideas from various forms of existing unorganized data
- Call upon a list of customers to gather intelligence
- Sort through data, filtering out potential noise
- Summarize and articulate complex information
- MBA/ Graduate degree is preferred, or minimum a junior in college pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Interest in healthcare a plus
- Must have a high degree of resourcefulness, innovation and creativity
- Be able to professionally interact and engage with colleagues, customers and others contacts
- Must uphold, safeguard and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to corporate ethics, integrity and priorities
- Must have a desire to learn and a self-starter
- This is a paid position
We’re looking for a marketing intern to help grow our brand’s presence. We will be providing you an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to a growing business. As an intern, you will work closely with the marketing leaders as well as stakeholders of other key departments. Our goal is that at the end of the internship, you will be very experienced in many aspects of entrepreneurship, marketing in healthcare, and ready for more responsibilities or another professional role. This is a paid position.
- Identifying and evaluating targeted promo marketing opportunities (e.g. events, partnerships, guerilla/growth hacking marketing tactics)
- Collecting data from digital channels and other sources to enable the marketing team to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is/isn’t working
- Tracking marketing metrics and conversion rates
- Reviewing new digital marketing trends and technologies
- Conducting market research to support business decisions and marketing tactics
- Applicants must be current graduate from, or rising junior or senior at an accredited college or university with or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field such as Communications or Information Science
Applicants must also have the following:
- Previous experience in marketing (internships count)
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization in planning, execution, and reporting
- Proficiency with Google documents (spreadsheets, doc, slides, etc.)
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Desire to work for a company where your contributions make an immediate impact, and where accountability is completely transparent
DATA SCIENCE INTERNSHIP
- Learn how a health data science company uses the various analytical tools to surface key actionable insights.
- Understand the data life cycle (ETL to modeling)
- Understanding Big Data techniques and application of these techniques in a business environment
- This is a paid position
- Create analytic visualizations/dashboards using Tableau or other tools
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses as needed
- Act as a data science liaison for cross functional meetings when necessary
- Assist in development of data warehousing and data preprocessing
- Transform data in a way that supports analytical processes and self service tools
- Utilize various data processing, reporting and analytics tools to satisfy business requirements
- Implement and evaluate exploratory Machine Learning methods in a proof-of-concept environment
- Must be a Master's candidate in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Biostatistics or related field
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Professional demeanor is essential
- Preferred candidates have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Proficient in SQL, Python, R
- Familiarity with Spark
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in math and/or engineering preferred
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on eradicating disease by driving decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences and diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in over 30 disease areas, with over 5B medical records for 100M patients. Prognos has 500 extensive proprietary and learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management and quality improvement. The company is supported by a $23M investment from Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. (NYSE:SFE) and Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF). For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
Prognos Values & Culture:
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
Our culture guide: https://goo.gl/g43bP9
To improve health by tracking and predicting disease the earliest
- Free FreshDirect food, snacks, drinks, etc. delivered to the office weekly
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly Happy Hours with Leadership