The Staff Accountant will assist the CFO in directing Prognos’ accounting, reporting, and finance functions in a rapidly growing health technology company. This position has clear growth potential and numerous challenges for a highly motivated accountant.
- A/R, A/P, and payroll functions
- Overseeing accounting procedures and internal controls
- Employee benefits administration interface with PEO
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Draft monthly financial statements
- Manage annual audit
- Special projects and ad hoc financial analyses
- Works closely with HR and Legal to ensure ongoing corporate alignment
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; CPA preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and other SAAS-based accounting tools (Bill.com, Google-docs, ADP, Expensify)
- Solid experience with MS Excel (pivot tables, sumif roll-ups)
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, or Accounting, with five to ten years of experience in corporate accounting
PROGNOS VALUES & CULTURE
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
Our culture guide: https://goo.gl/g43bP9
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on eradicating disease by driving decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences and diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in over 30 disease areas, with over 5B medical records for 100M patients. Prognos has 500 extensive proprietary and learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management and quality improvement. The company is supported by a $23M investment from Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. (NYSE:SFE) and Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF). For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
To improve health by tracking and predicting disease the earliest
To eradicate disease so that humanity reaches its full potential
- Free FreshDirect food, snacks, drinks, etc. delivered to the office weekly
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly Happy Hours with Leadership