Successful candidates for this role can be based remotely in the U.S., or from our New York City or Boston offices
Our company, Prognos, a healthcare AI company is looking for a Area Vice President (Remote) - Payers. Some of our investors include Cigna and Merck Global Health Innovation Fund. Prognos is an innovative startup that has advanced capabilities in lab data and applied healthcare analytics. While established in the pharma and lab markets, Prognos has recently begun to create offerings in the Payer space.
This is a new opportunity at Prognos for you to help create our market position and guide the development of relationships and solutions in the Payer space including national and regional health plans, employers, and benefits consultants by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas in the Payer space by researching insurance industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates and proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering, prospecting new client relationships and exploring opportunities.
- Develops a list of potential accounts and uses salesforce.com to create and manage accounts, contacts, and opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending financial investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new customer vertical with Prognos growth strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials, estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Manages future client communication, record keeping and client contact information throughout all phases the business development process and for management reporting.
- Collaborates with Product and Strategy teams, Legal and Finance staff to validate that client needs are well understood and milestones, scope, deliverables and budgets are well managed.
- Creates proposals for each opportunity as needed, with internal review and approvals prior to external presentation.
- Closes new business deals by identifying and coordinating business requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Day-to-day business development responsibilities including training on Prognos services as they are developed for this new market, pricing and proposal development, and pipeline management within
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare/payer industry, with a particular focus on selling into risk adjustment, clinical quality improvement, and other similar healthplan experience.
- Deep client contacts within the health plan space especially in clinical, quality, risk and operations
- Experience developing new business with insurance companies, large employers with a focus on data, healthcare experience (labs, Rx, claims, Payers) a plus.
- Proven ability to establish account plans, engage in positive internal stakeholder collaborations, and deliver on the sales goals while managing client expectations
- Track record of personal relationship building and selling into insurance companies and the teams that can find value in lab data analytics
- Desire to work in a start-up environment where your contributions make an immediate impact and where accountability is completely transparent.
- This position can be based remotely (in the U.S.)
- Must be educated at BA/BS level
Prognos Values & Culture:
- Be Collaborative: Always do what is best for the client. Check your ego at the door. We deliver premium value at a premium price. Practice blameless problem solving. Create win/win solutions.
- Be Courageous: Do the right thing, always. Look at the facts and don't assume.
- Be Curious: Think big and start small. Be relentless about improvement. Be predictive. Be curious and always ask why
- Be Enthusiastic: Celebrate success. Be enthusiastic and positive. Let's have fun. Have purpose and believe in the greater good.
- Be Driven: Act with a sense of urgency. Take ownership and honor commitments. Either find a way or make one. Deliver results.
- Be a Superstar: Make quality personal. Deliver remarkable client service. Be better than your previous self. Go above and beyond. Our culture guide: https://goo.gl/zCD9LE
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on predicting disease to drive decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences and diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in 50 disease areas, with over 13B medical records for 180M patients. Prognos has 1000 extensive proprietary and learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management and quality improvement. The company is supported by a $42M investment from Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. (NYSE: SFE), Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF), Cigna (CI), GIS Strategic Ventures, Hikma Ventures, Hermed Capital, and Maywic Select Investments. For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
To improve health by tracking and predicting disease the earliest
To eradicate disease so that humanity reaches its full potential
- Free FreshDirect food, snacks, drinks, etc. delivered to the office weekly
- Flexible work arrangements and generous PTO
- Monthly Happy Hours with Leadership